PainChek Android Release Note - Update 4.12 October 2018
Who should read this?
This release note applies applies to all PainChek users who are currently using the PainChek for android phones and tablets app.
The PainChek Android application release 4.12 will be available for for download from the Google Play store on Thursday 25th October.
This release (4.12) features a number improvements over the current version:
- Implemented a new side navigation using a "hamburger" style menu:
- When pressed, the following menu is displayed:
Most of the menu options provide access to existing functionality (that can already be accessed in the app from, for example, the buttons at the bottom of the main dashboard). However there are also a new option - "About Pain and Dementia" that provides some useful tips and information.
NB: Prior to this release, there was a "Sign Out" button displayed in place of the "hamburger menu":
The "Sign out" option is now available at the end of the new menu.
- Removed a prompt when you first sign in to PainChek asking to select the term you want to use to refer to the people you assess, i.e. "Client", "Patient", "Resident" or "Person". This setting is now linked to your PainChek license and you can contact PainChek Support if you want it changed.
- Changed the default term for an "Institution" (which is used to refer to location of a patient/resident/client) to "Site". The default can be overridden, with Facility, Location and Institution the other possible values. This setting is linked to your PainChek license and you can contact PainChek Support if you want it changed.
- Added the ability to share patients details with users from another license in order to provide Shared Care. For example, by sharing the care of a person with Dementia between an organisation (such as a Home Care Operator) and Family Carer (who cares for the person in a home setting). Shared care is disabled by default and you can contact PainChek Support if you would like to know how to access this feature.
- New users can now self register, provided that they have been invited to use use PainChek via the the Shared Care capabilities of PainChek.
- Added a new feature called Site Segregation which allows you limit access patient data based on Site assigned to the patient and the Site(s) assigned to users. Contact PainChek Support if you would like to know how to access this feature.
- When creating (or editing) a resident/patient/client, you now have the ability to flag them as a "training" record.
If this flag is on, the patient will be excluded from all reporting and will not count as a patient towards any license limits.
You will also be able to identify training patients because their profile picture will always be
- Other minor bug fixes and changes.
What do I have to do?
If your device is set to receive updates automatically, there is nothing for you to do. PainChek should be updated automatically.
You can check the applications version from the PainChek dashboard by selecting the "Support" option and then selecting "About PainChek":
If you don't have your device set to automatically update your applications, go to the Google Play store, find PainChek and install the update.
Where can I get more information?
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 1800 098 809 during business hours.
For general information about PainChek, visit us at www.painchek.com